No one can deny the instant love affair between photography websites and novice and professional photographers. Hence, creating photography website could be a lucrative business as it gives a balance between creative freedom and business in more ways. Now if you are wondering just how you would go over creating photography website, here are ten suggested steps that you should follow:
1. Define your business. Sit down and get a pen and paper. Paint a clear picture of how your website should be: its purpose and its target audience. Try to draw a structure of your site if that helps you visualize your business. In considering the demographics, interests, goals, as well as photography skill of your target audience, you can define your website’s vision and goals. Make sure that your website offers something unique, something that has never been offered before.
2. Define keywords that clients will use to search for your business. If you want your website to be listed by search engines, you need to use particular keywords to match the web pages that are usually searched by your target audience.
3. Choose a domain name. In most cases, the name of the business or the name of the website is incorporated in the domain name. Make it will be nice and neat on your business card, it is easy to pronounce and spell and can easily be translated into a usable website name. In this case, you may try to do some branding to effectively target a specific niche.
4. Choose a webhost. Consider factors like affordability, reliability, uptime, monthly bandwidth, disk space, backups, technical support, and customer satisfaction to get the best webhosting service out there.
5. Install WordPress. WordPress is the most used and popular blog or website developer. It will save you time and money in setting up a website with its easy to follow interface and simplified content management systems.
6. Add important plug-ins to WordPress. Among its numerous features, WordPress plug-ins allows you to customize your web page to make it suit the genre and nature of your target audience.
7. Optimize site for SEO. This is to increase your website’s exposure and chances of attracting an increased amount of audience or traffic. In addition, SEO boosts business efforts in promoting your website.
8. Add a newsletter option. This should make it easy for you to update your audience of your website’s new features, services and anything new, presenting an easy chance to appeal to your customers.
9. Build links to your site. Link building presents huge advantages in increasing your website’s popularity, which leads to traffic generation. Building links with other websites on your niche is important in building trust and integrity from among your audience or target customers.
10. Maintain by adding content every week. This is the commonly overlooked step when creating photography website. The only way to keep your audiences from coming back is by regularly uploading content. This will not only maintain or increase your website’s popularity, it will make your website relevant, and therefore listed, to all popular search engines.